Pages

Tuesday, 14 January 2014

Stock Take: The calm before the storm


Believe it or not, this is my ENTIRE heroic style Games Workshop miniature collection. Bits really.

Look how nice and ordered it is... I wonder how long it will stay this way? So long as I can finish what I start (as I go along) this will simply shrink away to nothing right? I'll recreate this shot periodically to test the theory.



Within the white box are all the Dark Vengeance bits, I'm sure most are familiar with that. The interesting stuff is 'outside the box', aherm...

Some bits from Anvil Industry (I helped sculpt some of the stuff that went into production)



And in the little plastic black box: some bits and pieces I've sculpted over the last few years....



Pretty cool huh? I'm going to kit-bash my own kit-stash. This is predominantly going to be Mechanicus stuff.

Finally, the first purpose sculpt I did for this project: a Watcher in the Dark. He's going to be holding the Librarians staff. I made this before I received Dark Vengeance so I'm not 100% happy with the size of it but it fits with the back story I'm drafting up – this Watcher is a little bloated and fat. I view the Watchers as the manifestation of the suppressed anger and secrecy of the Dark Angels (transference of angst over the ancient betrayal), this guy being fat means he has been building up in the Tower of Angels for a long time and has now come forth to support the Librarian hunting one particular Fallen Angel from the time of the Heresy

(more on the “story” later, check out the MUSE page for my current thoughts)






I'll explain how I made this guy once he's finished (a showcase)


2 comments:

  1. Lovely little sculpt on the watcher there. The robes are beautifully crisp and I bet they'll paint up beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Apologist. All going to plan I'll get it painted up soon!

    ReplyDelete